CAREER & BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS | FEATURE ARTICLES & ADVICE COLUMN
- SF Gate: “9 Ways Job Interviews are Like Online Dating”
- The Huffington Post: “11 Social Media Mistakes You Don’t Even Know You’re Making”
- The Seattle Times Company: “Work Out: Fitting in Fitness at Work” ; “Confronting the Passive Aggressive Boss”
CAREER & BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- The Houston Chronicle: “12 Jobs on the Brink: Evolved or Extinct?;” “How to Unfriend a Co-worker;” “How Can Busy Parents Get Ahead at Work?” “Passed Over For a Promotion: Helping Loved Ones in a Rut;” “Crimes of the Cubicle: 15 Desk Don’ts,” “How Can I Stop Hating My Job?” “Quitting Your Job? Have a Backup Plan;” “Office Romance: Follow Your Head or Your Heart?”
- Inbound Marketing: “Common Social Media Fails: Marketing Experts Present the 9 Worst Social Media Mistakes”
- New Life Office: “Office Cubicle Don’t Do’s”
Hi Heather, I have to tell you I enjoy your articles on Salary.com. Being a single dad, I can relate to all your home/work life balance articles and continue to remind myself of many of the things you mention. Thanks for telling it like it is.
Hi Heather, I read some advice given by you on Salary.com and liked what you had to say. So since I’m in need of some really good advice, I thought I’d ask you…
I loved this advice. My life at 54 with adult daughters living at home has had a big shift since they were little. I am about to go back to full-time at work after a year of part-time, and anxiety is already creeping in. Thanks for the reminders.
Dear Heather, I am wondering in what direction should I got first in trying to find a job? I would appreciate any of your advice… Thank you in advance.
What a terrific article! Even though I recently adjusted my career to stop working 24/7 so that I could be there more for my children, I was (unpleasantly) surprised to find that there still aren’t enough hours in the day! Your advice was solid, practical, and much appreciated! And I’m sharing it with my husband!